Mr Pace is a member of the Council for Maltese Living Abroad having been appointed to the Council in 2012 as one of two persons living in the State of New South Wales, Australia. The Council was established by an Act of the Maltese Parliament in 2011.
Mr Pace is a solicitor by occupation specialising in industrial law, personal injuries and workers compensation. He is the current president of La Valette Social Centre in Blacktown, NSW, and has been performing this leadership role since August 1997.
Mr Pace is also the Chairman of the Maltese Care Services and coordinator of the La Valette Social Centre Respite Services, which also incorporates the Baulkham Hills Shire Council (Maltese & Korean) Care Services. He is the editor of the monthly magazine Iċ-Ċentru published by the La Valette Social Centre and of the Centre’s website at www.lavaletteclub.net.
Mr Pace has held other positions including:
- Founding member of the Maltese Cultural Association of NSW
- Founding Chairman of the Maltese Australian Chamber of Commerce
- Consul General of Malta and Senior Trade Commissioner of Malta in Sydney, Australia from 1978 to 1983 and from 1985 to 1987
- Senior Trade Commissioner of Malta in London from 1983 to 1984
- Delegate at the CHOGM held in Melbourne in 1984
- Delegate at the Meeting of Non-Aligned Mediterranean Members on Cooperation and Security in the Mediterranean in 1984
Mr Pace is married to Dolores neé Farrugia and they have two sons, Jason, who is a consultant psychiatrist, and Patrick, who is an architect.
The President and Executive Committee members of the MCCV congratulate Mr Pace on this award.